Mortlach Community Development and Agricultural Society Terms of Reference (2013)
Mortlach is an attractive, caring, thriving community where people are proud to live and work.
The mission of the Mortlach Community Development and Agricultural Society (MCDAS)) is to ‘build community’. To this end, it identifies, funds, and implements projects designed to beautify, to promote, and to enhance the community making Mortlach and rural area an attractive place to live and to own businesses. These projects do not use tax dollars but are developed through fundraising, volunteering, and collaborating with other local groups and community members.
The funds raised by the MCDA are for designated projects only. Therefore, the MCDAS’s mandate is not to donate funds directly to other non profit organizations but through collaboration they will be supported.
- Respect for all opinions and input
- Sense of Community
Any community member interested in working respectfully and collaboratively is welcome to join at any time.
- Chairperson: Dan Bowman
- Past Chairperson: Janice Cavan
- Secretary: Marcia Wiman
- Treasurer: Rhonda Haukaas
- Directors: Dale Domeij, Marcia Wiman, Colleen Campbell, Marilyn Forbes
- Meetings are held the second Thursday of every month 7:30pm-9:30pm. The meetings are conducted by a chairperson or co-chairperson. The term of office will be two years.
- A secretary and treasurer are elected from the membership. The term of office will be 2 years.
- All financial decisions are brought to the MCDAS for approval. The town council will be consulted about projects as it is not intended to burden the taxpayers for developmental costs.
- Financial expenditures greater than $2500.00 will be presented as a Notice of Motion to be discussed and voted on at the next meeting.
- Decisions are made by majority vote. To qualify to vote, a person must have attended two meetings in the previous 12 months.
- The quorum is seven (7) members.
- All events are planned by referencing and booking with the community calendar.
- Minutes are distributed through email and kept in the “MCDAS” binder in the Palliser Library, Mortlach which is made available to anyone wishing to review it. Archived minutes and financial statements are available at the village office.
- Standing agenda items include updates from members representing other community groups.
- Highlights of meetings are published in the School Newsletter and posted on the village of Mortlach website